Saturday, September 26, 2009

What a Week with StrollerFit

What a week... We had class all week. I was waiting on the impending rain and being stuck inside, but it did not come. I want to be a weather woman, so I can to be paid at getting it wrong, but let me just say I am glad they were wrong because we had a week of great weather and great events.

We hung out at the zoo with our StrollerFriends on Monday. Only 2 more classes at the zoo before the season ends, boo hoo, we love the animals.
We have a special day planned for the last day at the zoo, we are going to have a hands on exhibit after class that will let the kids touch some of the animals and then we will have a picnic and play at the playground with our StrollerFriends and I will let Joey ride the choo choo one last time til next summer.

We went Blueberry and rasperry picking, all the early summer rain has made for lots of late season berries. this is the third time in 3 weeks. I made lots of raspberry jam and have lots of frozen blueberries for cereal and for the kids to eat, Julianna loves them, the frozen ones feel great on her gums, she is teething! (which is why I am awake at 2 am and blogging).

It was due to rain thursday, but it did not, which was great for the moms and I. A small group of us went to Nashoba Winery for a great meal and lots of wine. We had a 3 course meal with a wine pairing with each course and we started the evening spliting a bottle of Blueberry wine. It was an expensive evening, but not something any of us do often and well worth it. I was feeling a bit lite headed the next am and drank all out water to get over the thirst throughout the night and next day, but oh what a night. I love moms night out, especially when the hubby's start calling and test looking for us. It has been a long time since I had a late night like that. But it was relaxing, the conversation was great and the moms are was with are an amazing bunch of women and need to be able to let loose once in a while.

Friday, we went apple picking and our honorary mom "Stan" who brings his boys to Mom n' Tot Yoga and then stays and does mommymusclesculpt with us was once again with us. I love his humor and he keeps the moms entertained. Julianna loves him and his boys. We ate of apples and I brought home a lot to eat and bake with. We went on a tractor ride and the day ended with us picking up some apple cider and apple cider donuts (I need a long run to run off those calories plus the calories of Thursday's wine, but worth every bit!) Hey look, I am in a picture, my camera dies and Jennifer took this one, so I am holding her son, it is rare that I am in any pictures because I usually have the camera. It was a great week that ended with a night out with some very interesting people, but I can not blog about that...You will have to call or see me for that story.....

This morning was a nice Restore the Core workout, helped me relax since Julianna is teething and I have not gotten a lot of sleep this week, but that is OK. Tonight I tried a new chicken recipe which I will post on the food blog and my girlfriend Cheri rocked Julianna to sleep, thank you Aunt Cheri, she slept for 4 straight hours, a first this week. Joey was so exhausted from his day with Emily, Carlos and Jose(known around here as Cozee) that he feel asleep on the guest bed in the playroom before I ever finished making dinner. He slept til 9, then woke up crying and we went upstairs to watch Nemo, he watched about 2 minutes, cried to grandma and papa on the phone and was out cold and has been ever since. So tired that when Daddy put him in his bed he did not even notice, which is unusual (usually if he falls a sleep in our bed, when we move him he stirs and says Mommy's bed before crashing on his bed).

Hopefully, the house is asleep for the night, tomorrow we are going swimming and then to the aquarium, another big day!!

No comments: