Saturday, December 27, 2008

Diabetes, the Holiday's and Lots of Snow and The StrollerFit Challenge

Ok I have less than 8 weeks to my due date and I am still running, lunging and doing the Restore the Core moves that the baby likes. I am getting into trouble with the OB, not for the exercise but because I am losing weight, they know the baby is growing and the same thing happened during my pregnancy with Joey at the same point in the pregnancy. I have a few theories why this happens to me.

1. Every time I sit down to eat, Joey eats half of my meal or snack
2. While pregnant with Joey I was always moving around the office, now with this pregnancy I am chasing Joey
3. I was borderline with the gestational diabetes with my pregnancy with Joey and again this time, so I am eating lots of small meals of high protein
4. And my last theory is Joey was very high at the end of my pregnancy, pushing up on my stomach so I could not eat very much in one sitting, and this baby is doing the same

So I guess I will continue to get in trouble from the OB. But even with April's homemade candy and the other holiday treats I have kept my blood sugar in the appropriate range, partially because Joey has eaten most of stuff I tasted and I sent most of it to Scott's work.

Today, I went out and you would never know that we had 12-18 inches of snow on the ground only 3 days ago. Joey loved being in the snow, he even helped daddy shovel with his small sand shovel. Tomorrow is suppose to be 65 degrees, so the rest of the snow will probably vanish. If I had a StrollerFit class on Sunday, I would hold it outside in this amazing weather, how weird.

Ok so now I know you all want to know who won the StrollerFit - Schedule your workout contest. Before I tell you I must tell you that when I told the winner she asked what contest, are you mailing me a million dollars? How she missed the emails and the blog and the info sent thru the StrollerFit - Blackstone Valley Meetup, I do not know. But I want to congratulate and say way to go:

Alysa Cohen


Keep up the good work! I wonder who will win next week. So far week one was Drea, week two Danielle, Week three Alysa and Restore the Core is Heather.

No comments: