Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I would like to know who decided that Mother's Day should be a specific day. Whoever that was did not have young children or a husband.

Now I can not complain, I had a lovely day, Joey swam til he was blue, the napped and then I met some of the StrollerFriends for a picnic. We had a lovely, but windy picnic at Tower Hill Botanical Garden.

But Emily said her kids were competing for the worst kids on Mother's Day Award and a few other moms said the same thing. Others complained of the things there husbands did and poor Heather who had planned a day for herself (mani, pedi, movie and shopping) has a child and hubby home with pink eye, changing her plans. And poor Cindy went to Maine only to drive home with a sick child, feeling sick herself.

So I think Mother's Day should be a random day in the year where you get the day to yourself, no kids, no husband no anything. A day where mom can go do what she wants for 8 hours alone or with another friend. I think a planned mother's day will always be compromised by obligations from the ones we love, so my gift to my strollerfriends is a day with no obligations, sometime in the future...

1 comment: