Sunday, May 24, 2009

Red Hook Brewery 5K

Today Joey, Julianna and I finished in our first 5K together, Scott ran too, but way ahead of us. It was the 12th annual Red Hook Brewery 5K, run 3 .1 miles and then have a free beer. I gave mine away, Scott says it was the best beer he ever had, could that have to do with running first? Last year I ran with Joey, this year I beat my time by 3 minutes and had 2 kids in the stroller.

Now we are preparing for the other 5k's we are doing and the Tufts 10k with our StrollerFit moms. I hope for the Tufts 10k all the moms run with the Strollers ao we can share the experience of training and racing with the kids.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Nicely done! BTW, Do you have any info about the Millbury 4th of July road race? I have been searching the web without luck (just references to last year's race).

StrollerFit - Northbridge, MA said...

nothing on millbury, but that sounds like fun, I will see what i can find out. we are doing one in hokington, June 20 and there is a kids fest afterwards