Sunday, May 3, 2009

Planting

Last weekend after Restore the Core, I took the kids to an earth day kids fest at Garden in the woods. Joey planted 2 pots with sunflower seeds - one for him and one for Olianna (what he now calls Julianna). We have been following the directions they gave us and yesterday he noticed they have begun to sprout. He said "Mommy look, mommy look" when I came over he said "That." I told him it was his sunflowers that he planted so for the next 10 minutes he stood and stared, like he was waiting for it to get bigger, then he walked away.

An hour later he was back at the window checking his flower. This proceeded to happen all day. Finally around dinner time, I let him water the flowers and he was so excited he got to give the flowers bubbles. He calls baths and showers bubbles, so when the watering can looked like a shower, he said "Flower bubbles" makes sense to me and was so cute.

Next week they should be ready to plant outside and I will let him dig in the dirt again, he will love that.

No comments: