Monday, July 6, 2009

Bedtime

So I just read about my girlfriends hotel stay and I felt for her. I have never had a problem with Joey in a hotel, he had his first hotel stay at 6 weeks in Los Angeles then at 3 months in San Francisco and then a few days later in Palm Springs. Since then he has been in hotels in Ohio (twice), Phili, and Cali again. Julianna's first visit to a hotel was at 3 1/2 months and she did great. SO I think to myself, I have little travelers and they travel well, but my problem is I am sleep deprived post travel. So my girl friend had issues of sleep in the hotel, mine are at home.

Last fall Joey wanted to sleep in the toddler bed and did for a few months. I was so excited, we would not need another crib, but we got home from a trip to Grandma and Papa's where he slept in the pac n' play, and all he wanted was his crib. Thank you Danielle and Bill for a crib for Julianna because Joey wanted to sleep in his crib when I was ready to put Julianna in a crib.

Fast forward to the last 3 days. Joey slept in the pac n' play in Phili 3 weeks ago and in Vegas/Disney. When we got home he napped just fine and slept in his crib for 2 days. On Friday he was woken by the fireworks, and I found him hanging over the side of the crib screaming for me and saying "Mommy help me." To console him, he came to bed with me, once he was asleep, I put him in his crib. the following night, he would not go in the crib and went to bed with me, and then once a sleep I moved him to the crib. Last night he climbed out of the crib and asked for bed. So I got the toddler bed out of the attic, but I was wrong, he wanted my bad. After a hour long battle I gave in and he came to m y bed, once he was asleep I put him in the toddler bed. 20 minutes later he was climbing in my bed again. We repeated this 5 times, so I did not get much sleep, plus while he was in the bed he either had his head or feet in my back so it was not comfy at all.

HE napped in his crib for 3 hours today and I tried to nap while Julianna cat napped (she is not a napper like he was/is). Anyway, tonight Scott was home so he battled with Joey, who finally went to bed with the lights off in the crib after almost 2 hours
(first he was in the crib, then his bed, then his bed after trying to get in my bed, now he is asleep-knock on wood, with the light on in his crib). here's hoping he sleeps all night, I am tired!!!

I am off to bed, hoping to sleep and be able to get rest because tomorrow the ladies start running again, training for the Tufts 10k, before I have to teach StrollerFit.

No comments: