Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What a day...

We slept a little late on Tuesday and then stayed in bed to watch GMA. I was exhausted after the battle with Joey over sleep but looked forward to a nice day without rain. I heard thunder around 7:45 AM and it began to rain, but it did not rain for long, so I hoped it was a passing shower and then it would be over. We were suppose to start running again and begin the 10K training. We had not run in weeks due to to the rain (27 out of 30 days in June).

Jen and Brian showed up and Robyn came over (her kids were still asleep at 8:30 AM) and off we went. Joey asked for KayKay and I told him maybe later. We were about 1/2 a mile in when it started to drizzle then the sky opened up on us, we stayed at the church under cover til it slowed down and we walked home. We had planned on heading for RBI's on foot but there was no time and the sky still was dark gray.

We loaded the kids into the cars and off to StrollerFit we went. Good thing we did not go on foot because the sky opened up on us again. We did class indoors, and it was a great workout. Julianna and Emily had lots of boys to choose from. It is so weird, because last year it was Joey and lots of girls, currently it is lots of boys.

After class we headed to Hannaford's where Joey got to drive the car cart and I found some of the Seapak products. I used my coupons for Seapak shrimp (Joey loves shrimp) and other coupons and when I was done I bought $48 worth of groceries for $16. I am really challenging myself to use coupons and save. I do well sometimes, other times I don't, but I was excited about how well I did then.

I went home made a spinach and mushroom pasta bake for lunch and then Joey took a nap with no fuss in his big boy bed. I was hopeful that bed time would be so easy....

We did dinner and bath time a bit early, so Joey could watch some Thomas and read books with Scott and I in our bed. Julianna had her dinner, cereal and green beans and she was asleep by 6:30, which was early. At 7 we took Joey into his room and did more books and then he screamed "I don't want it, I fine" when we tried to get him to bed. I gave him my blanket which kept him in bed for 10 minutes. I tried laying with him, when I thought he was asleep I left and in a few minutes he was standing in my room. Scott came up to help and Joey had a fit. SO I told him he had 3 choices; his bed, his crib or the floor. He choose to sleep on the floor next to my bed. I kept hearing him sniffle, it was heart breaking to listen to, but finally stopped. at 10 PM when I was sure he was asleep, I picked him up and put him in his bed. He has been there all night. Julianna did not wake to eat until 3:45 AM, she slept for over 9 hours.

I hope Wednesday after Mom n' Tot Yoga, MommymuscleSculpt and StrollerFit (if it does not rain at night) that Joey will choose to sleep in his bed without a fuss, but I have a feeling we are in for another battle, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I am looking forward to Mom n' Tot Yoga starting Wednesday.

No comments: