Friday, July 10, 2009

Joey turns two...

Wednesday, Joey fought and cried for over an hour but he slept in his bed all night!!!

Thursday he woke up and said "Happy Birthday Mommy" (we had been practicing saying happy birthday and 2 for a few weeks). I said "its not mommy's birthday, its Joey's and he is?" He replied "2, Oh Happy Birthday Joey"

It was a great day. He went out with Daddy in thew morning. Then we had lunch with Pam, Kyle, Ryan and Evan and our other friend Evan, who Joey played with all afternoon. Then since Joey and Evan were good we went for ice cream at Friendly's. Joey already knows my rules so he says "Walk Friendly's" and that is exactly what we did. The rule is if you want Friendly's or Captain's Cove ice cream you have to walk there. Joey shared his ice cream with Julianna, allowing me to give her spoonfuls of whip cream and vanilla ice cream. Then we got balloons, which he loved. Evan deflated his and made sounds with the balloon, which Joey loved and laughed his infectious laugh the whole walk home.

Then Auntie Leasa came for dinner and we had ice cream cake for Joey and Dave's (Dave, Melanie and Jayden came for dessert) birthdays. I tried to get Joey to say happy birthday to Dave but he wouldn't. Then the neighbors came over for the rest of my homemade ice cream cake which was my plan, see no left overs.... It tasted good but did not look like the one on the cover of my food network magazine. I also told Robyn and Melanie that the cake was the key to an extra hard workout at StrollerFit Friday. I am also hoping to get a run in, since it is not suppose to rain.

Auntie Leasa needs to come every night. She bathed Joey and Julianna. Then she read to them and Joey went to bed in his bed with no fuss!!!!! At 4 am, Joey woke up crying and I went to him. He is back a sleep and I hope he sleeps til morning.

No comments: