Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Wedding

Just got back from Phili, went to Brian and Kathy's wedding. It was at the Glen Foerd Mansion and we had a great time. The day was gray, but just before the ceremony the sun came out. Her dress was elegant and beautiful. It was just a spectacular affair. I even survived without fighting with my brother Keith. It was great to see everyone, especially Brian and my friends from high school and the family. Linda, Brian's mother was looking down from Heaven and the rain at the wedding was her years of Joy as her baby got married. Mom and I spent a lot of time with her family remembering her. I gave Kathy her pearls, I know she would have loved Kathy and would have wanted her to have them. I wore them well and know Kathy will too.

We drove down Friday, it took us 6 1/2 hours with 3 stops and an 8 1/2 mile backup by the Jersey Shore(plus a detour, we went the wrong way due to construction at a highway merge, and went a few miles the wrong direction, opps). When we got there Joey and papa checked out the boats, our hotel was on the water. Then they went swimming. We went to the rehearsal dinner and I saw lots of old friends and never held my kids, because between GAC (Great Aunt Carole, my moms sister), my parents, the bride and groom and others holding them, I was kid free thought the evening.

Saturday, moms Friend Donna and her daughter Karine and our Friend JC had the kids during the wedding. They walked and saw the boats, had a picnic lunch in the hotel and of course went swimming. Joey napped for 3 hours after that!

Then my Aunt Lois, Uncle Marty, Cousin Mandy, Cousin Jordan and his girlfriend Jen came for a visit. They drove from Baltimore and NJ, about a 2 hour drive for each and we all went to dinner. Another dinner where I was kid free because my children were held by everyone else. Then we took Joey for a swim and it was off to bed, we were tired.

Sunday was another busy day, brunch with family, then off to NY (No traffic and no detours!!!) where we saw Marianne and Ginni while mom got bread at Rockland Bakery to take back to Vegas and then we went to see Karen, Tim, Ryan and new baby Kaitlyn. That was a nice visit. Then we stopped in CT at our cousins Norma and Marvin's, where we had a BBQ with them and cousin Howie, Lillian and There Joey. It was great to see everyone.

I got home and did Restore the Core to help stretch after being in the car so long. It was an amazing end to a great weekend. I did make it wothout fighting with Keith, but I had a minor melt down on the way to brunch because of him, but thus is life...

No comments: