Monday, August 3, 2009

Amazing Moms

I woke up this morning thinking about the amazing woman, more specifically the amazing moms I know. My grandmother comes to mind first, I live by her motto "Live for today, you can't go back to yesterday and there may not be a tomorrow!!" I am trying to instill this in my children.

Next comes my mother who is battling a horrible disease with grace and dignity and who has taught me the small victories are important and the small stuff is not important.

Then I think of those who lost there battle with cancer, Linda and Bertha, 2 amazing woman who helped me to be the mom I am and woman I miss dearly and am saddened that they will never know my amazing kids, but who I know are looking down and smiling at Joey and Julianna's antics, especially when it causes me to say things my own mom said that I swore I would never say like "I'm the mom that's why."

I know many moms who have amazing stories, but the group I think about most often that really inspires me as a mother is the mothers I have meet thru StrollerFit. Some had trouble getting pregnant but they were tough enough to battle on, some had pregnancy complications, or delivery complications, some had post delivery complications and many have trouble due to lack of sleep. But these women get up everyday and amaze me with all they do. Some work so do not but they are all remarkable mothers that make me realize thru it all we can do anything!!! IT is great to hear there stories and tales each day and the bond we have formed is great for me and I hope for them too.

No comments: