Friday, October 9, 2009

Missing friends

It is amazing what our kids remember. The other day, as we drove by mt girlfriend Cheri's house, Joey says "Look its Cheri's."

Then we drove past the old Kidzkoop where Joey had taken classes and I use to hold StrollerFit, Joey says "Mommy run hill with KayKay, Ella and Jayce." I laughed as I replied "We already ran the new hill at StrollerFit" and he said "no run hill with KayKay and Jayce."

This amazed me since we ran that hill, this time last year and unfortunately since Jayce's mom Drea had to go back to work, we only see her once every few weeks and KayKay and Ella no longer make it to class.

I know Joey has a great memory and a misses his friends that he does not see often anymore. When we drive by Mason's House he says "April and Mason and dogs house" and when he sees a light blue minivan that looks like Charlotte's van he says "Nate Nate" and gets all excited until I have to tell him its not Nate Nate.

It is amazing what things he puts together, especially since they seem to be the friends we see less often, but also the ones he spent a lot of the first 2 years of his life with. I know we will see Charlotte and Nate as Olivia gets on a schedule and Nate begins to sleep at night again, but I hope we see the other friends, including Cheri so Joey will be happy.

No comments: