Sunday, December 13, 2009

Changing up the StrollerFit Routine

I was talking with Wendi in Akron the other day (congrats Katie on the new baby girl!)  about changing routines during the StrolelrFit classes.  I change the middle of the workout everyday with new moves, drills, challenges etc., and I change the core and stretching we do on a daily basis.  Some of my moms even comment on our meetup about the moves, specifically what they like and what they don't and what is feeling ther burn.

Then I read an article about cardio exercises.  It talked about the benefits of cardiovascular.  By adding regular cardio to your routine, you can improve or increase your:


- Heart Function
- Fat Burning
- Metabolic Rate
- Immune System
- Mental State
- Quality of Life

This is Great news! As a general guideline, you should do 30-60 minutes of cardio 4-6 days/week. Your heart needs it! Cardio is like weight training for your heart muscle – like any other muscle your heart needs to be worked out and pushed to its limits to maintain optimal performance.   This made me excited, because my StrollerFit moms and I do 4 days of Cardio with weight training mixed in and one day of straight weight training.

But then I started to think, some of the moms are complaining of being on a plataue with their weight loss, as am I.  I realized that my warm up is usually the same, so it is time to change it up.  Look out Ladies, this week it is all about new moves in the warm up.  Plus I had a Hanukkah, Holiday Party this weekend and I know I was good all day with my eating, but the peanut butter cookies made by Kerrie were amazing and I ate too many!  So we will be working extra hard to keep the "Fitness Takes No Holiday Challenge" and trying not to gain the Holiday
Pounds!"

I know when you’re doing too much of the same thing your body will hit a plateau even when you are eating right!

PLATEAU = STOP LOSING WEIGHT or STOP SEEING RESULTS
The article said "A good guideline is to introduce a new form of cardiovascular exercise about every 30-60 days. For many of us, we have things we love to do and do not want to stop. Your body will respond to the change of pace."  So this is what "I am going to do in class this week.  Try to help myself and others, over the platgeau and make it fun.  I am going to bring new music to help us get moving and to keep it fun and exciting at StrollerFit and Mommymusclesculpt!

Watch out ladies, the challenge for me to change it up is on and who knows what to expect.  Make sure yo0u bring your bar to class everyday!

No comments: