Saturday, December 26, 2009

Milk does a body Good!

To my Strollerfit moms,

We have all seen the commercials regarding 3 glasses of milk a day and the other benefits, but here is an even better one that I am going to try and see what it does...

The author of "Eat This, Not That"  writes about the best foods to keep on hand and he lists Organic Valley Chocolate Milk.  Here is why:

160 calories

2.5 g fat (1.5 g sat)
9 g protein
27 g carbs

"Meet your new postworkout beverage. Researchers found that not only does milk do a better job rehydrating the body than water or sports drinks but that chocolate milk repairs muscles 40 percent faster than plain milk."


So I do not know if my stores sell Organic Valley Chocolate Milk, but I love chocolate milk and anything that will repair my mommymuscles after a workout a rehydrate me sounds like something I am up for trying.  I am tryin g to get more milk into my diet and trying to remember to eat a healthy snack after working out.  so I am going to try low fat organic Chocolate milk this week and see how I feel and what it does to my body post workout, anyone want to join me?

checkout the other foods on the list at http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/slideshow/perfect-refrigerator#title

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

This is a good tip. Unfortunately my tummy does not agree with milk. What do they say about the lactose free stuff?