Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge

As you all know I joined Weight watchers to help melt the ponds away. I still stand by it is not the number on the scale for me, but how I feel and I would like to be in size 8 jeans by the fall. So here is a little more incentive for me and for my Strollerfit and Restore the Core Moms.

Anyone that wants to join Danielle, Robyn and I, we have started running in the morning with the kids, training for the Red Hook Brewery 5 K at the end of May, you do not have to be a runner to join our run training, it is a 9 week couch to 5 k type program, but the real goal is the Tufts 10K for Women, Columbus Day. One step at a time.
""
StrollerFit and Babytalk magazine have combined forces in the "Love Your New Mom Body" April promotion. It is a nutrition and weight loss challenge...and to add some human interest they have teamed up to do the Pound for Pound Challenge presented by The Biggest Loser!

I know many of your moms have lamented over how to make changes to their post baby bodies. StrollerFit is teaming up with Babytalk magazine during the month of April to present moms with great workout ideas and resources that help mom boost her self-esteem, while burning calories. We will also be competing as "Team StrollerFit" for the Pound for Pound Challenge.

For each pound pledged to be lost by Team StrollerFit, the biggest loser will donate one pound of groceries to Feeding America, which will deliver groceries to local food banks across the country.

Not only will the moms who participate be losing weight and getting healthy, they will be helping families in need of food during this rough economy. It is definitely a win win for your moms!

See the attached form and respond if you want to participate. The challenge is open to any mom who is a part of Strollerfit, Mommymusclesculpt and Restore the Core.

I am in for 10 pounds between April 5 and May 5 and hope you will all help me get there! And I hope I can help you work towards your weight loss goal. Lets do it together!!!

No comments: