Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Working out with my Kids

I read a blog from another StrollerFit owner this morning about the cost benefits of StrollerFit and it made me think about the benefits in general of StrollerFit. First of all I am getting in shape and teaching my 2 children to be healthy and the importance of working out. Secondly, I have met a great group of moms that keeps growing, which help me and I hope I help them and lastly, my children have made some great friends!

Now lets look at the cost benefits. I workout with my kids and do not have to pay a sitter or put them in the babysitting room at the gym, which will not take my daughter til she is 6 months old and she is only 7 weeks old. Plus it is really great quality time with my kids. With the economy as it is, that is a bonus, plus moms who come to class more than once a week pay less than $5 a class, another bonus!

Another benefit is the regular exercise lowers the cost to overall health costs for illnesses due to obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or cholesterol - all which continue to rise in our society! And by exercising with our children and teaching them to be healthy, maybe the risks will be lower in them.

Exercise is a great Stress Reliever - proven yesterday, when one of my StrollerFit moms was having a bad morning, our run helped clear her mind and release the anger! A big bonus for me. Exercise helps to manage & reduce stress. We are all under a lot of pressures to in our daily lives. Having a positive outlet to relieve stress is important for our sense of well being and our health.

With StrollerFit, Restore the Core or mommymuscle sculpt classes, you get a workout in and you get a few laughs with friends, which is great for your health. You also get to to relax and then go home feeling great. Exercise releases endorphins that hep to improve our mood and gives us a boost of energy that every mom can use in her busy day!

A great benefit while burning calories and toning muscles is the social network that the moms and kids build. The moms understand what each other is going thru and they support each other and can give advice or just listen when you need an ear.

By joining StrollerFit you are a role model for your children - setting a positive example for them early on can do wonders for their overall health & sense of well being as well. Diabetes & obesity in children & adolescents have more than tripled since 1990 - if we can show that physical activity can be fun & enjoyable, then our little ones are more likely to establish those habits early on & stick with it for a lifetime.

And the best benefit of all is the kids run around and play after class and then go home and take a nap, or at least mine do!!

Now off to do my daily run before the day gets too crazy!