Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thought for the day

While my day was crazy busy I had a thought running thru my mind regarding weight loss and getting Fit.

I have one girl friend who is trying to lose weight on her own, another who is thinking about joining me at weight watchers one I may have strong armed into doing weight watchers with me, one who joined on her own and is losing and another who joined on her own but her head is not in the game.

We all have many reasons for trying to lose weight and one of my StrollerFit moms told me I motivate her to focus since I had a baby 7 weeks ago and I am running, doing StrollerFit, Mommymuscle Sculpt and Restore the Core while trying to eat better and change my habits for good.

I have gotten into shape before and then went back to my old habits. This time I am working to making new habits permanent and lose the old ones. But back to motivating my client. I am glad I am motivating her, but I realize that like me, she need to do it for herself and small lifestyle changes are they way to make them permanent, not large changes that work for a few weeks and then we go back to our old ways.

I guess my point is, StrollerFit helps moms work out with there kids and join other moms in a great support network and I am glad for that. Together we can help each other reach our goals as long as we remember it is one step at a time.

My StrollerFit moms and I are Participating in the Love Your New Moms Weight Loss Challenge and I hope this be the jump start to those small changes they each want to make to help them reach there ultimate goal!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You are totally right about creating new habits... I am an emotional eater, so I have been trying to replace the urge to eat when I am "down" with a bubble bath because that also helps me feel better and doesn't put on pounds! So far it seems to be working :) Baby steps...