Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cancer....

Life is so fragile and Cancer has been destroying the lives I love for more than half of my life. I look at my mother who has been battling this disease for far to long and I am amazed everyday by her strength, I am not sure I could do it. I know that Joey and this new baby help her to fight everyday, but in my heart I know that without her own inner strength nothing could make her go thru what she does everyday. She says it is not the cancer that will kill her, but the side effects to the Chemo and I believe her. In the last few years she has had congestive heart failure, neuropathy in her hands and feet, back pain and colitis. The new drug made her miss my brothers wedding but she is fighting to be well enough to be her for the birth of the baby. She was there for Joey's birth and nothing is going to keep her away, not even being pumped with Chemo and lots of Anti-Nausea drugs.

In her honor and the honor of those who have passed away Linda (who Joey's middle name is for), Len, Barbara, Debbie, Bertha, and many many more, and for those who have beaten this awful disease and are still with us like Carol W, I have started a team to participate in this years Relay for Life in Milford, MA on May 16 and 17th at Milford High school, called Hip Mamas and I hope the ladies from StrollerFit (and there families) and the WW members will join me once again to help raise money to end this awful disease. Joey, Scott, my parents and a few friends participated last year and we had a great time and I hope we can get an even bigger turn out this year. I know it will be a late night for the kids, but we can bring the pj's and have a good time.

If you want to register to join us go to:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=16296&pg=teamlist and find Hip mamas and click on join the team.

Hope to see you all there.

No comments: