Friday, February 20, 2009

Julianna Ruby Fisher is 2 days old Joey has Croup

So I was to have cervidril Tue night and be induced wed, plans changed Tuesday am. No cervidril necessary, so I go to sleep at home Tuesday. We dropped Joey at Heather's on wed at 7 and off to the hospital. They gave me Pitocin at 8:30, broke my water at 11, gave my the good drugs at 2 and I was ready to push at 4:30. # pushes before the doctor got there and 3 after, and she arrived at 5 PM on the dot.

Julianna Ruby Fisher was 6pds 11 ounces, 21 1/4 inches long. She is beautiful with a full head of dark hair. So between the cameras and the cell phone calls it was crazy after her birth. For anyone that knows my dad, you will appreciate that my mom called him in Vegas, he was teaching spinning, but had his phone and answered. He put it on speaker and his whole class cheered when they heard. then he and the class called back after class to get more details, it was very funny.

I had my laptop and the hospital has wifi so Scott and I sent emails and I even replied to a new StrollerFit client a few hours after the birth. I cheated and I have a email I save and use to answer basic questions, thank god for that, and she emailed back, she is going to try class next week. I also gave 2 of the nurses that have young kids my card and they are going to check out StrollerFit too!! I know, I know, I am nuts, but Joey and I love class and I hope Julianna will love it too.

I spent a great first night with her to find out Joey and Heather did not sleep all night do to a cough, so I called the pediatrician, Joey, Grandma and Daddy went off to the doctors and we found out Joey has croup, he sounds horrible. Then they came to see us and he tried to feed Julianna chips and then went off to play with his new trucks from Peggy. He had no interest in her. He went home to nap and when he came back Auntie Leasa was here with a present for him and again the baby did not interest him. When he left he did kiss BABY bye after he and I had a cuddle.

It will be interesting to see how she is when we go home in a few hours.

I promise to put up photos later today or tomorrow.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Ahhh, poor Joey. Have you tried sitting in the steamy bathroom with him yet? I hated when Nate had it, they sound like a seal :( I can't wait to see Julianna, we miss you guys already. 6 weeks had better go by fast LOL