Tuesday, February 24, 2009

MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am glad I have this blog, I need a place to rant.........I ask you ladies, how come we can multitask with the child(ren) and they can not.

OK, so Joey was sick from wed night til Sunday night and all he wanted was Daddy, even at 3 am when he woke coughing and Scott was great with him, but you could see he was frustrated and nothing else could get done because he Joey would yell Daddy, daddy if he left the room and Scott would come running and everything else was forgotten.

So I did laundry Saturday and asked him to bring it up, I got one basket up before Joey freaked and the others came up with Scott after I asked 4 more times. Then he ran the dish washer last night and I had washed sheets, I said this am, you fold the sheets and put them in the linen closet and I'll put the dishes away. He looks at me and says, "we always fold the sheets together, how am I to fold them without you and with Joey by my side" I replied "how did you fold them 7 years ago, before we moved in together and let Joey play on the floor while you work, how do you think I do it?"

I went upstairs to find the sheets folded and put in the closet, but the pillowcases and few other items were still in a pile on the bed, but he and Joey were playing in Joey's room.

Don't get me wrong, he is a great father and husband, but like all men, he can't multitask and he gets sidetracked so easily. I do get sidetracked but come on.

The icing was he ran the dryer with Joeys stuffed animals that he slept with while sick, twice and they were still wet, so he ran them again and never cleaned the vent, and left the dry items in the dryer, when i went to check it, I asked why and he said "You need to leave the dry stuff to help dry the wet stuff and I forgot to clean the bear fuzz from the vent, opps" No wonder it was not dry. I took the dry stuff out and put the remaining wet stuff in with the load of laundry that was finished in the washer hrs before, thank god it was just Joey's sheets and clothing and wow it was amazing, 45 minutes it was all dry, must be mommy magic.

OK so I am done complaining and tomorrow is a new day, but I am blogging, feeding Julianna and planning my surprise for SF's MMS class tomorrow, 3 things at once, again must be mommy magic. Enough bitchin, time for bed!!!!!

One l;ast thing, please let me know if this is just my husband or as my mom would say "TM-Typical Male."

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

It's not just you! Mine drives me batty as well. It's totally true that they cannot multitask. Scott will usually say "I'll do the laundry" and go wash it, put it in the dryer and then leave it scrunched up in the basket for over a day. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!

Danielle said...

Isn't it funny how "Mommy Magic" always seems to work....especially when something is missing and everyone is "looking" for it, can't find it, but when mommy starts to look - it's right there! :) Hang in there, you're not alone :)