Saturday, February 28, 2009

Friday with the Fishers

I knew I should have stayed in BED!!! Though it did start with Joey holding Julianna in his arms and kissing her head, of course no camera was available before the moment ended. I need to keep a camera with me morning, noon and nite. It was just going to be one of those days. First Charlotte called, Nate was sick, but Danielle said she would teach, so I dropped some paperwork at RBI's for her for some new moms, and everyone else was either sick or there kids were sick so class was canceled.

Then, Mom and I were off to pick up the stuff for Julianna's Baby naming and I almost had to turn around because I could not find the directions, thought I left them at RBI's with the paperwork I left Danielle, turns out I had it in my visor.

We get to the deli and the egg salad we ordered was not there, which in the end was ok, because mom and I thought the guy made it himself and packaged egg salad has filler, YUCK!! Ok the caterers daughter is spoiled. So we went to to the store and bought eggs to do it ourselves.

Then we got to the temple, and I boiled, peeled and made 2 dozen eggs into really good egg salad, plattered cakes, cut bagels and set up the tables for the buffet for Saturday after the service, with feeding breaks for Julianna. Mom made tuna salad, plattered the whitefish salad, lox, veggies and made lots of flavored cream cheese. It took us 4 hours and we were exhausted, but I was not paying the caterer to do what we knew we could do, if only dad the caterer had flown in earlier, to that in a bit. Mom did a better job then I did, but it was fun doing it with her, nexst time we go to my places for food not the temples recommendation.

Then we went home, where my friend JC and Brother Keith and his wife Melissa were already at the house. I promised mom I would not fight with him, but after 5 minutes "The Bikerson's" my nickname for them, were driving me nuts. They Made Joey crazy, spun him around after he ate that he threw up, but she had to clean it up!!! and she almost dropped Julianna, she is banned from holding my kids.

After dinner I drove in the rain to get my dad whose flight was late, even though it said early when I left the house. IT is a good thing, I know where the legal seafood is, I parked in there lot and Feed Julianna. Joey went too, he wanted papa and left all the way to the airport but woke while I was stopped. Papa called and the 2 minutes to the airport, he was papa, papa and when papa got in the car he clammed up. IT was funny, then he slept all the way home and went right to bed, good thing he was in his PJ's.

Then we had my early b-day cake, chocolate strawberry shortcake. I only have 4 pounds to lose to get to prebaby weight then onto the next 20, good thing this cake is gone, one piece is "a moment on the lips a lifetime on my hips!" My sister-in-law was commenting on my glasses being dusty, could be she took the juice glasses from the top that have not been used in 2 years instead of the glasses on the bottom shelf we use everyday. Good thing I was off to the train station to pick up my other brother Brain, who made me laugh. I need a lot of wine after the bickerson's leave, good thing they are staying at a hotel and only here til Sunday. Brian and I stayted up and chatted just like we did in our apartment after college until Scott made us all go to bed.

I love having the company here and love entertaining, but they drive me to drink, literally, if I was not breastfeeding I would have cracked a bottle last night, but not up for pump and dump. Maybe next week after they are gone the girls will get together for a glass or too.

Ok I think I bitched enough. Off to get dressed for temple. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be better than yesterday and pray it does not snow so my brother and his wife can fly out, if they get snowed in I will cry!!!

No comments: